How to cut up a Sweet Pepper


Maybe I'm the last to find out this easy way to cut up a pepper.
I've never thought much about how I do it . . . cut it in half and go for it . . .
but when I tried this suggestion, I liked it.



The chef told us to take a pepper and look at it as a square.
Having established the best square side,
cut around the core on all four sides, then the bottom ...
and you have the core in one piece to throw out.
I thought this is all fine and dandy if you buy nice square peppers, 


but then I saw that this works with a triangular pepper as well.
Simply cut around the core
three times, and you still have the centre in one piece.
The sides slice up nicely without a lot of curve to deal with.




And, if you cannot figure out heads or tails in this,
and do not see a square or a triangle,
simply cut through the middle, avoiding the imaginary centre,
split it open to reveal the pod of seeds and remove it.

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »