Pumpkin Cranberry Loaf


My friend Betty, treated me to this moist and delicious pumpkin cranberry loaf. What is it about fall that pumpkin and spice is like wrapping a warm blanket around you on chilly evenings. She was kind enough to share it with me, now I want to share the recipe with you.

  • 2 1/4 cup flour

  • 1/2 teaspoon cloves

  • 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

  • 2 teaspoon cinnamon

  • 2 teaspoon baking powder

  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

  • 2 eggs

  • 2 cups sugar

  • 2 cups pumpkin puree or 1-15 ounce can

  • 1/2 c oil

  • 1 cup frozen cranberries

  • 1 cup nuts, optional ( I used a mix of almonds and pecans, as that's what I had on hand)




  1. Preheat to 350 degrees. 

  2. Grease 2 loaf pans.

  3. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.

  4. In a separate bowl mix together the eggs, sugar, pumpkin, oil and blend. Stir pumpkin mixture into flour mixture and stir just until batter is moistened.

  5. Add coarsely chopped cranberries and nuts if using, and fold in gently being care not to over stir.

  6. After 50 minutes put a toothpick in the center of the loaf and if it comes out clean the loaf is done.

  7. Bake for 50-60 min. My oven needed the full 60 minutes baking time.



Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »